Friday, January 4, 2013

The "BEFORE" Pics

Up until now I've posted some pics of me smiling that I thought were good examples of my problem areas.  The thing is, those pictures were of me trying to hide my smile and wonky chin.  I'm sure you can all relate.  Even when we're trying to hide our flaws can still pop up in some pictures, and worse yet--- now we're tagged in them on Facebook!  But, before I digress ...

I was going to wait to post some current pics of my teeth until I got my x-rays back to also post, but I've decided to just go ahead and post.  I must say that this surgery is becoming very "real" to me as of late, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.  I am. I'm scared of the pain, scared of the possible recovery issues, or even worse.. a lifelong problem I can't fix.  I've been having those moments of looking in the mirror and thinking that maybe I'm crazy for going through with this--- is it really that bad that I need to break my face and start over?

Well, now that I've taken these pictures, I'm still feeling scared, but I'm back to feeling ready.  I'm so ready to not have to worry about everything on my face being crooked.  I have a bump in my nose (therefore, a lil crooked).  My nose isn't one of those cute little perky noses. Nonetheless, I've learned to like it---bump, and all.  I really do think it gives me character.  But, my smile?? My mouth? The whole bottom half of my face?  No, not even after 20 years of a weird smile do I feel good about it . And personally, I'd like my face to be as pain-free as possible, which it currently isn't.

Well, here goes.  I've uploaded some pictures where I'm smiling nice and big, and then I have the requisite profile shots-- Geez, I can't wait to get a chin ;)

Thanks again for reading.  I really do feel less lonely in all this knowing so many others can relate.









No comments:

Post a Comment